Sunday, December 4, 2011

The traffic chaos


The traffic chaos chapter in the movie Baraka remains me some experiences about the city’s life. In this chapter, we saw a density of sky towers and car traffics in the city downtown. There were a mass of people walking in the street and a huge number of people waiting for the coming train in the railway station. It is  really ’’ chaos’’.That is the urban life, very dynamic and stressful.

These scenes made me imagine if I moved from Orange County to New York or Chicago. It would be uncomfortable. I have strong memories with the similar scenes. In 2000, when I was living in Aix en Provence, a small quiet city of France, I moved to Paris. It is like moving from Newport Beach to New York. In the first few days, I was really scared. I also feel lonely as a stranger; I thought that the traffic may break me down. Honestly, I want to turn back to my small room in Aix en Provence. I also felt tired by walking in the street between the sky-towers like in Singapore. I always think about if these sky-tower fell down in to me. It was a funny thought because I finally adapted all of that.

Finally, the scenes make me think about the urbanization. 

3 comments:

  1. I also have a memory about this scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time when I visited New York I was surprised and feel nervous when I saw people crowded on the street. NY is not a good place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer living in quiet place. I don't like crowded cities because it's full of stress.

    ReplyDelete