Monday, October 24, 2011

Journal 11: Research topic.


At first, in my opinion, Wikipedia is a genius idea.  It gives us the big pictures about everything. We might totally forget the great Encarta of Microsoft. Even though many people complain that information from Internet is not believable, I really believe in Wikipedia, especially about history.

However, in term of academic, Wikipedia could not give us the details. Therefore, it is understandable that it is not a main source to learn and research. Now, when we have an account of CSUF, we should download as much as possible the articles. I usually use Jstor to download.  In Vietnam, actually, we don’t have enough money to buy the academic articles like the CSUF does.

About my research, I will start to think about the question of MonteCarlo method in this week. Research is not easy. I studied a course about Monte- Carlo method at my Master Degree (45 hours). Even I had passed but I think I knew only a little about it, and I almost forgot. A couple of month ago, I saw my ex-classmate's article about Monte Carlo method in an academic journal that she wrote with my ex-professor. I thought about it for a whole week. I wish I would write a same article like she did.

Well, this time is an opportunity that push me study more about Monte- Carlo method for Econometrics. Thus, I will try to learn more and write it down . It is not serve for the goal of publishing in a journal, but it would help me know more and be able to discuss with my ex-classmates.

Finally, I will focus on the applies of Monte Carlo methods in Econometrics.

3 comments:

  1. I agree sometimes wikipedia is good, but sometimes is not. but it is so convenience!!! I don't know about your topic well, but I curious about it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we had the same online library in Vietnam like the one in U.S, it is better for our studying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon Dr. Hugh will be cited by other students.

    ReplyDelete