Saturday, September 10, 2011

The house of rising sun


I loved many songs, but I do not know which one is my favorite. In this blog, I want to share my feeling about the song ‘’The House of Rising Sun’’.

In 2004, when I was studying my last year of Master Degree at Paris, this song gave a big emotion. In fact, I was sharing an apartment with some roommates who spent most time for alcohols, gambles and girls (now, they are wealthy and having good jobs)…they were nice and generous for me, but simply I was not a kind of them. I felt alone and sad. In Paris, finding a room is as difficult as having a visa to enter the US

One day of November, I got up early to go to school and randomly listened the rhythm of this song was being on Karaoke of the Morning show TV. I saw the rising Sun in the window from my 6th floors and my tears fell down without causes.  I felt as I was living as the guy in this song.

I decided in one second that I would not stay in the house with my roommates anymore. That day, instead of coming to school, I went to find a new apartment. God blessed me; I found another room and moved in a few days.

Finally, this song is not the song I love the most, but it made me cry and gave me a decision that I never regret. If I had stayed in that house of rising sun, I would have been a gambling man and could have become wealthy like my ex-roommates or I might not have finished my Degree, ….I thank the song and the band

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, a simple thing can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is one of the best songs of all time. I listened several time in radio and somewhere else but I have never knows its name before. Now I know ^^Thank you for your sharing

    ReplyDelete